Care and Maintenance of Roaring Spring Water Coolers & Equipment
- How do I care for and store 5-gallon bottles?
- How do I change the 5-gallon water bottle on my cooler?
- What should I do if my cooler is leaking?
- Should I clean my cooler? How?
How to Care for and Install 3 and 5 Gallon Water Bottles
Store all bottles in a clean, dry area away from cleaners, oils, toxins, and other hazardous materials. To prevent freezing, please do not store bottles outside during cold weather. Do not fill empty bottles with ANY substance or use them to mix beverages. Please leave the caps on empty water bottles to keep out dust and dirt.
How do I change the 5-gallon water bottle on my cooler?
- Wash your Hands Thoroughly.
- Remove the Empty Bottle – grab bottle and quickly lift straight up.
- Clean Cooler – wipe down cooler with a clean, damp cloth. Wipe out any water that may have dripped in the water guard (the area where the bottle sits).
- Clean New Bottle – wipe off the neck and shoulder of the new bottle with a clean, damp paper towel.
- Remove the Label – remove ONLY the protective paper seal on the top of the cap.
- Replace Bottle – invert bottle and set straight down onto the probe in the water guard area.
What Should I Do If My Cooler Is Leaking?
During Normal Business Hours
Call our Customer Care team at 1-877-914-9283 for prompt assistance.
During Evening and Weekend Hours
Remove bottle, drain remaining water from cooler and unplug cooler. This will prevent any further leaking. Then call our Customer Care team at 1-877-914-9283 and leave us a message. We will return your call during normal business hours.
Should I Clean My Cooler? How?
Cleaning the Exterior
Water coolers and dispensers are virtually maintenance free.
To keep your unit looking great, we recommend periodic cleaning of all exterior surfaces with a mild soap and warm water mixture. No other cleaning agents are approved for use.
The drip tray is removable. Wash it with a soapy water mixture (DO NOT put in a dishwasher).
Cleaning the Water Reservoir
We do not recommend that you pull apart your cooler. If you feel that your reservoir needs to be cleaned and sanitized, please call our Customer Care team at 1-877-914-9283. We can schedule for one of our trained technicians to perform this service.